- 2 9-ounce packages refrigerated gnocchi or one 17.5-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
Hands-On Time 15 min
Total Time 25 min
Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the sausage and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
Add the gnocchi, the reserved cooking liquid, and the Parmesan and toss. Divide among individual bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan