Old Apple pie recipe. So tasty!..
Ingredients / 6 people
- 5-6 apples (like Golden, Gala or Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar or brown sugar
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 25 g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cap Calvados (optional)
- 2 broken pasta
- Ingredients for gilding:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Granulated sugar
Preparation 25 mn
Total time 1 h 25 min
1. Preheat oven to 210 ° C (th. 7). Line a pie dish with pastry
disc keeping the baking paper underneath and prick the bottom with a fork.
2. Old Apple pie Step 2 Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes in
a bowl and mix with the lemon juice, sugar (brown sugar and vanilla),
cinnamon, flour, calvados and melted butter. The pour into the pastry base
and tamp lightly.
3. Apple pie in the former Step 3 Cover with the second pastry disc and cut
the excess dough, leaving a wide edge in order to weld by rolling the
excess in “sausage” all around the pie. Seal the edges by pressing lightly
with a fork (flat) in order to streaks. Make steam vents on the entire
surface of the pie by making small crosses with a knife edge, into a more
central. Brown brush with beaten egg yolk with milk. Sprinkle with
powdered sugar. (Here I decorated with cutouts dough made in the falls
with small cookie cutters Special Fimo).
Old Apple pie Step 4 Bake approximately 1 hour in a hot oven.
We need the crust is golden brown and the juices bubbling in the pie.
Let cool before serving with a touch of sour cream a little vanilla or
vanilla ice cream.